Jack Scott is committed to protecting the privacy of any information you share with him. This policy statement outlines how he’ll collect, use and protect your personal data.
What he’ll collect
Jack will only collect basic personal data you’ve explicitly consented to give him. Typically, this will be:
- Your name
- Your email address
- Your website address.
What he’ll do with it
Jack will only collect personal data to provide the service you’ve specifically consented to receive. It won’t be used for any other purpose. Typically, this will be:
- To subscribe you to one of his services such as a blog
- To allow you to comment on his website
- So he can answer an enquiry from you or respond to a request.
Jack won’t share your personal data with any third party organisation unless it’s for technical ‘data processing’ support, for example, to manage e-mail subscriptions. If he does do this, he’ll make sure they guarantee to protect your privacy and meet the requirements of data protection and GDPR legislation. Jack will never sell any of your personal data to a third party.
How he’ll protect it
Jack will take appropriate security measures (including physical, electronic and procedural measures) to help safeguard your personal data from unauthorised access and disclosure. Specifically:
- His websites use secure server software (SSL) – the industry standard and among the best software available today for secure, encrypted online activity
- His hardware uses up-to-date security software and is password protected
- He’ll only work with ‘data processors’ who guarantee they ’ll comply with data protection and GDPR legislation.
How long will he keep it?
Jack will only keep your personal data for as long as it’s needed to provide the service you signed up for. It will be deleted when you unsubscribe from a service using the unsubscribe option, when his service/business relationship with you ends or when you ask him to remove it for any other reason.
You can set your browser to remove or reject cookies but certain features may not function properly without them.
Jack guarantees to:
- Only use your personal data for the purpose it was given
- If you ask him to, provide a copy of any personal data he holds about you, in a clear and easy-to-read format
- Correct, update or delete your personal data when you ask him to
- Respond quickly and clearly if you contact him about your personal data.
His named contact
If you’re not happy
Jack hopes you won’t ever need to complain, but he’ll get back to you quickly if you do. If you’re unhappy with his response or if you need any advice, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. In the UK, this is the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO).
Telephone: 0303 123 1113